Are you racking your brain for something different for your child’s party this Birthday…
Especially after the long lock-down – Well, why not give a party at the Ice Rink!
- One and a half fun filled hours of healthy activity does wonders in burning off that excess energy, giving you a chance to sit and relax while our Party Hostess looks after your guests.
- A specially demarcated area will be decorated with balloons and birthday banners exclusively for your party which is marked out for social distancing, and your child and their party guests will be able to sit down there and take a breather in-between skating.
- Our party Maitre D will meet you at the door of the icerink and hand you over to your hostess who will take command of your group and help them to fit their hire skates ahead of the general public, and brief them on what to expect out there on the ice. During Covid, there will be a dedicated hostess for each party who will ensure the group keep to Covid social distancing in the party area, and sanitize their hands and the area regularly during the party time slot.
- A general ice-marshal is on duty on the ice throughout the session to control public behaviour as part of the general session as well as a first-aider.
- We can also arrange for one of our proficient skaters to lend a hand to your group exclusively on the ice at an additional charge of R90. Due to social distancing, this person cannot touch the children, but can oversee their social distancing on the ice, and also demonstrate some skating moves to them. Wearing of Masks is compulsory both off and on the ice.
- Once they are off skating, the party hostess will liaise with you as to the time the party packs and any additionally ordered drinks will be served and will call them off the ice. The cake if selected will also be served then. We supply all plates, spoons and serviettes which will be sanitized.
- Party pack contents all of which are wrapped items and will be sanitized when packed is the only eats option during Covid
Lays chips, Zoom juice, chomp, fizzers, fizz pop, sherbet, marshmallow cone & loose chewy sweets
A drink will be included in all options, but additional beverages – individual waters and fruit juices if required, must be pre ordered on the booking sheet and pre-paid with the rest. No cash on the day will be accepted during Covid.
- The GrandWest Casino Complex does not allow guests to bring in any food or beverages from outside. For this reason we can supply an Ice Cream Birthday cake, which fits in well with the theme of ice skating at a cost of R400.00. This cake serves up to 15 kids and is well worth having. Own picture can be supplied at no extra charge. A sparkler is used as the candle.
- So for a fee of R130 per skater, all you need do is drive them to the Ice Rink. We will do the rest – especially the dreaded cleaning up!
- Included in this amount is the above mentioned party pack, which is the only snack option available right now during Covid – 19.
- Due to the Covid limit on numbers entering the rink, all parents attending, including the birthday child’s will need to pay the R50 entry fee to the rink.
- Only the birthday childs parents will be permitted into the party area and their names must be indicated on the booking form – any others will need to pay at the door and find seating close by in the public space – also with social distancing applied as all seating in the rink has been demarcated accordingly. Masks to be worn by all at all times.
- The deposit of R50 per skater must be paid within 48 hours of booking into the banking account listed on the booking sheet, proof of payment emailed as requested.
The balance must be paid per EFT 3 days prior – into our ABSA bank account, details will be supplied and Proof of Payment Emailed (Plse also bring proof with you on the day)
- A minimum of 10 guests are required and during COVID 19 there is a maximum of 15 due to social distancing in the party seating area.
- We can also supply platters for your guests – see booking form for prices which must be paid with the rest. Your hostess will serve these to your guests as part of the Covid plan to avoid cross contamination.
PLEASE NOTE THAT PARTIES ARE SET UP IN THE MAIN ARENA ONLY.
An on-line pre-registration Covid requirement will need to be completed on your phone for the group prior to arrival on the day of the party, which can be found on the Ice Rink Website.
Please make sure your whole group arrives together i.e. 30 min before the session starts and leave sufficient time to park and get in the line to enter the rink showing your phone to confirm, as temperatures will be taken and your presence recorded.
All children to wear shoes in the complex at all times. No Helium Balloons allowed.
Party session times during Covid:
Friday, Saturday and Sunday:
Once you have chosen date and time, please complete booking form below and submit
We will then contact you to confirm availability and request payment of the deposit.
Your booking will then be confirmed once the deposit is received.
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Dawn van der Riet
Cell : 083 303 4907
*** Mini Rink: Please be advised that parties cannot be set up for the mini rink. Due to its size, skaters have height, shoe size, and maximum number restrictions.
FILL IN THE BOOKING FORM BELOW
Our suppliers @ GrandWest: